Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Last Pregnancy Update!

I am currently 38 weeks 4 days pregnant. Seriously never thought I would make it this far. I mean I knew logically I would eventually get here, but mentally I thought it would take a thousand years. I have 5 days left until my induction and the kids are beside themselves! They are so incredibly excited. They tell me every day things they are going to do for Gracie when she comes out and the toys they will show her and how they will protect her and love her so much. My heart is so full of love right now for my little family.

In other not so fun news...LOTS and lots of pain and pressure. It is almost impossible to sit up in a chair just because the pressure is so intense. I remember this from last time and I remember hating it then too. I went to labor and delivery on Thursday because of all the pressure, but I was also having contractions too. They monitored me for two hours and checked my cervix 3 times. Baby was wigglin away, contractions coming and going and there was literally no change in my body. I am still measuring at 1.5 cm, but I am now about 50% effaced. Being sent home from the hospital and still being this pregnant is so hard. But, there are rules for a reason. I was told to take a loritab to get my pain under control. Jen promised me it would help my body relax and I would be able to sleep. So I took it reluctantly and it really did help. Which was good, and also disappointing :) 

I haven't had very many contractions since then and that's okay. I am good with waiting until Friday. I have sitters set up and things all arranged and it would be a pain to have to redo all that if she came a couple days early. I really don't think she will. I think Gracie is quite cozy. That makes one of us :)

I am starting to get a little nervous about the delivery and recovery. The last two babies were cake and it really surprised me. But I can never get out of my head the trauma of Emma's birth. I remember all the pain, and feeling myself tear and the awful, awful months of recovery. I know that the probability of having a good delivery is high, especially since this is my 4th baby and my body kinda knows how it goes. But that terror is one you don't ever forget. I am just praying for a good outcome for baby and me.

Either way though, I will get to hold her in 5 days! I am having a baby this week and I can't wait!!!!

No comments: