Thursday, July 26, 2012

Coincidence?

I had an interesting conversation with Emma today. I was in the kitchen making fondant buttons (lilah's 2nd birthday cake), she was in the living room watching a phineas and ferb show. She asked me a question but I couldn't hear her. She asked a second time, but I couldn't make out all of what she said, I just heard something about baby William. Then she came into the kitchen and stood by me, and I asked her what she said. She replied, "Can we have another baby William?" I was a little shocked, so I asked her what she meant. And she said, "Could we have another baby brother like William?" And I said, "You want another baby brother?" (Yes, I know, lots of repeating, but I was kinda shocked.) And obviously she said yes. Then I went on to ask her what we should name this new brother, and she said Emma and I explained why we couldn't do that :) Then I also explained how it takes a very long time for a baby to grown in a momma's tummy and she said, "Yeah when you had brother in your tummy you got really sick." I am always amazed by how perceptive she is and how much she remembers. Anyway, so this might just seem like a sweet conversation between mother and daughter, but what floored me so much was the timing. Luke and I have asked Emma several times (together as well as separately) if we should have another baby brother or even a sister, and her answer every time was, "No, not today, maybe tomorrow." (She mostly measures time in days only :) So for her to say that today, when I only have 2 birth control pills left, felt kind of momentous. Like maybe she knew what was going on and she felt that now was the right time as well. It was just very interesting.

No comments: