Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The date is set!!!

I got to pick my induction date a few days ago! It definitely helped out my funk a little to know there is an ending in sight and a plan set. Officially I will be 39 weeks on May 27th. But, the hated midwife is on call that day, and there's no way I want her. On the 28th, there is a midwife that I like so so that day, but it's Emma's dance festival. And while I would be just fine having a baby and watching it on camera (it's just one year right?), I would feel really bad if no one were there to support her. Because Luke would be with me, and I would never ask someone to take Will and Lilah, entertain them and get me a good video of Emma shakin her booty. Its just too much! So Thursday was kinda out too. But luckily, one of my favorite midwives is on call on Friday. She is newer to this practice, so I haven't seen her with my other babies, but I have seen her the most this pregnancy and I just love her.

So YAY! Baby's birthday will be Friday, May 29, 2015!

Some people think that I am crazy for planning so much, and I know something random could always happen...but pending something way out of the ordinary, I know my body. I know how things will go down. My labor literally never progresses unless my water has broken. I could be pumped full of pitocin and nothing happens until those waters flow. And my water has never broken spontaneously because it's thick. Like leather. They really have to work that crochet hook. Nice mental image huh? :)

I am desperately trying to get all appointments for the entire family cleared up now so that we don't HAVE to go anywhere until like August. I mean other than my biweekly and then weekly appointments. I hate those. But I also love them so I know baby is okay.

Lots of pain yesterday and contractions for a few hours last night. Feeling really rough this morning. 

31 weeks now, still feels like forever to go. My mantra is: we just have to make it through April.

No comments: